Bridal Garage Sales reserves the right to reject or remove any ad that is not consistent with the spirit of Bridal Garage Sales policies or the law. Please review these Guidelines below and make sure any transactions you conduct fully comply.
The listings are intended to be used as a marketplace for individual users selling wedding-related products. The listings are not to be used as a marketplace for vendors including, but not limited to: photographers, wedding planners, caterers, videographers, makeup artists, officiants, florists, event designers, DJs/musicians, venues, or transportation companies. To advertise your service on Bridal Garage Sales, please visit our partner, WeddingWire.
Bridal Garage Sales does not screen or control users who may sell or buy on listings, nor does Bridal Garage Sales review or authenticate all listings, items, or services offered for sale. Therefore, users of this service should be aware that:
- Sellers and buyers are completely and solely responsible for negotiating the purchase, sale, and exchange of goods.
- Bridal Garage Sales is not responsible for resolving disputes between sellers and buyers.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
- Sellers and buyers are responsible for all applicable taxes and for all costs incurred by participating in the listings.
Bridal Garage Sales users agree to:
- Not use or manipulate this service for any fraudulent activity or purpose, including collecting payment from buyers and not providing the item or service purchased, or filing false claims for insurance payments;
- Not represent the item that user is selling in a false or misleading way;
- Not copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
- Not request money by wire transfer or solicit bank account information;
- Not harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Not spam Bridal Garage Sales system and/or impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on Bridal Garage Sales system;
- Not put any material on the listings that contains any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information;
- Not solicit Bridal Garage Sales users to post ads on other listings sites;
Our advice is to Deal locally, face-to-face —follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts. If you found a great item that you cannot pick up in person, use Paypal that guarantees a refund if you do not receive your item. See Paypal’s information here.
- Beware of offers involving shipping – deal with locals you can meet in person, see the items and meet in a public place.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union, Money Gram) – 99% of people who asks you to are scammers.
- Don’t accept cashier/certified checks or money orders – banks cash fake checks sometimes, then hold you responsible.
- Transactions are between buyer and seller only, no third party provides a “guarantee”.
- Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, Paypal account, etc).
- Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen—that amazing “deal” may not exist.
- Pay attention to the area code of the phone number, if it is (804) and the person says the item is in Oregon, chances are this is a scam.
- Bridal Garage Sales is not affiliated with any “Vendors” on this site. If someone claims they are a vendor of Bridal Garage Sales and their product is “guaranteed” this is a scam.
Remember if that deal is just to good to be true, it probably is.
Bridal Garage Sales users must only create listings that are product-specific. The listing must not attempt to sell services. The listings must not contain opinions and/or promotions for events. The listing must not be general in nature.
It is the responsibility of both the seller and the buyer to ensure that the items or services listed for sale and bought by users are appropriate for sale under all applicable laws and regulations. Seller may not create postings for and/or sell the following items under any circumstance:
- Any item that has been the subject of a product recall by the U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, other government agency, or product manufacturer.
- Any item that violates any U. S. export law or regulation, including any items subject to the terms of the U. S. embargoes against Afghanistan, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Serbia (former Yugoslavia), and Sudan.
- Event tickets sold for prices that are in violation of the laws or regulations of the event venue.
- Any item or service that is harmful to minors, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Any item that infringes the rights of a third party, including items that violate copyrights, trademarks, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties. Examples include, but are not limited to: Unauthorized copies of software, music, video games, movies, photos, or other media. Bootleg recordings of concerts, movies, or other performances. Sale of back-up copies of software.
- Any item that is counterfeit or stolen, including, without limitation, the following: “Replicas,” “knock-offs,” in the same “style” as, or “fake” versions of a name brand product. Counterfeit, or for the purpose of producing counterfeit, currency, stamps, government identification. Inauthentic sports collectibles, celebrity autographs, or otherwise inauthentic versions of memorabilia or other items with inauthentic signatures.
- Any item that promotes, glorifies, or is directly associated with groups or individuals known principally for hateful or violent positions or acts, such as Nazis or the Ku Klux Klan.
- Any animals or animal items that are subject to regulations or laws for the protection of live animals, including endangered species and domesticated animals, as well as any products made from or including any parts of an animal protected by law or regulation.
- Gambling items (including, without limitation, lottery tickets, sweepstakes, pyramid schemes, grab bags, raffles, slot machines).
- Individual contracts, services, and any item that is non-transferable.
- Non-packaged food items and other food or beverage items sold in a manner inconsistent with federal, state, or legal regulations.
- Any used goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons, including any clothing items that have not been appropriately cleaned.
- Any items that are “adult oriented” in nature or marketed in an objectionable manner, as determined in Bridal Garage Sales sole discretion.
- Weight loss drugs and nutritional supplements
- Any other item or service that violates any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation or which Bridal Garage Sales determines, in its sole discretion, is inappropriate for sale through the services provided by Bridal Garage Sales.
Intellectual Property Infringement
You must produce your own listing content. You must avoid “borrowing” text or images (including photos) from other listings, a manufacturer’s web site, product catalogs, or other sources without specific permission from the owner. Images and text found on the Internet do not necessarily mean that they are not protected by copyright laws. Copyright laws apply to the Internet, and manufacturers or other copyright owners and they may object to the use of text or images that they own or have created. Your posting should have its own descriptive text, and your own photos.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g., offering counterfeit items for sale). Bridal Garage Sales reserve the right to remove content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms, our policies or of any party’s rights.
Prohibited spam or otherwise impermissible marketing activities on the listings may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Posting an ad that is unrelated to the category in which the ad is placed.
- Posting identical ads in the same category and location.
- Posting an ad with inappropriate links, titles, descriptions, or unauthorized use of content to which the person posting does not have rights.
- Posting an ad for the sole purpose of collecting user information or raising money.
- Posting an ad that contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials. This may include an ad that instructs the user(s) to contact the person/company posting the ad for more information and then requires the user to pay a fee for that information.
- Posting an ad that requires a user to register before getting detailed information about the product or position.
- Posting an ad through unauthorized robots (crawling software).
- Soliciting a Site user to post an ad in another listings site.
Fees and Services
The listings are free to use.
You may pay a fee to list your ad as a featured ad. Once your ad is published in the listings, the ad fee is non-refundable.
Reminder of Bridal Garage Sales Disclaimer
By using the Bridal Garage Sales Classifieds, you agree not to hold Bridal Garage Sales responsible user-to-user interactions. We cannot guarantee items that are being sold or represented, nor can we mediate issues regarding quality, legality, non-payment, and the like. Bridal Garage Sales is not liable for any loss, whether of money or items being exchanged.
Bridal Garage Sales Right to Terminate
Bridal Garage Sales reserves the right to change or modify these Guidelines at any time without notice.